We are producing our 5th annual murder mystery dinner-train show with Florida Railroad Museum, and YOU are invited to play along with us. We have such fun with audience participation in these shows, and this event sells out every season, so it's a terrific opportunity for actors to experience a real theatrical run. This show, a parody of popular TV quiz shows, features ridiculous but intense conflict behind the scenes, until tensions mount and somebody will Shop 'Til You Drop . . . Dead! Three audience members will participate in the shopping game on stage as well. Our traveling troupe of players will be performing Shop 'Til You Drop . . . Dead! on weekends during the month of February 2023, and we think you might want to hop on board !
Tuesday, October 18 and Thursday, October 20, 2022
Wednesday, October 26
Time: 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
and Saturday, October 22 -- time and place TBD--check back or call for details
Show Dates: Performances will be held at FLORIDA RAILROAD MUSEUM depots during weekends in February 2023. NOTE that additional performances may be scheduled according to actors' and crew availability.
THE STORY: The hit TV show "Stop, Shop, and Bankroll" has come to our town to tape a few segments, bringing its dashing host Benny Sharpe, and lovely hostess, Loreli Lawless. As usual, director Astrid Cornelius is wound up and worried about her temperamental stars. Tommy Gilmore, the show's announcer, tries to smooth the troubled waters, but between Loreli's peculiar wardrobe demands and Benny's insatiable vanity, trouble is guaranteed. Contestants from the audience participate in the first segment, oblivious of backstage intrigue, but not for long. It won't be long until somebody cashes in their chips, and a lively quiz show morphs into a deadly reality show . . .
ASTRID CORNELIUS: driven, nervous director of hit TV game show
TOMMY GILMORE: off-camera announcer for the show; a resigned second fiddle
LORELI LAWLESS: glamorous but vacant-headed hostess of the show
POLLY PEABODY: cheerful fan who has a steel-trap brain and thirst for justice
BENNY SHARPE: ageless, dashing, handsome and very vain host of the show
JOY CAVEREWSKI: giggly contestant and fan of almost every TV that was
What to Expect at Auditions
• TIME needed: it will take 15-30 minutes to audition, and you will be called as you arrive
• WEAR comfortable clothing and be ready to move around and play with others
• PREPARATION: will be cold readings; actors will be given script excerpts to read
• REHEARSALS start in late December and January and will be scheduled on T-W-Th evenings and some Saturdays; NOTE that actors will not be called to every rehearsal but only as needed. During tech and dress rehearsal week before we open, actors will be expected to attend for each rehearsal as called.
• PERFORMANCE DATES: weekends in February: 3,4,5; 10,11,12, 17, 18, 19, 24, 25, 26. Any additional dates will confirmed as soon as they are booked and approved by all.
• QUESTIONS? email director Karen Romant at email@example.com
Cast of 2022 mystery show Murder in BlackAnd White
2020 mystery show at FRRM The Moonshine Express
Bradenton Area Arts & Culture is here to promote the fabulous array and quality of art, music, theater, history and culture found throughout Manatee!