We had such success with our full-length comedy, Southern Hospitality in 2018, that we are planning to stage a prequel to that popular show by the scriptwriters Jones, Hope, and Wooten, of Golden Girls fame in 2022. Our traveling troupe of players will be performing DEARLY BELOVED around Manatee County at local community clubhouses and stages and we need you!
To be announced in 2022
THE STORY: Hilarity, Texas style! An over-the-top wedding, three feuding sisters and a church full of small-town eccentrics. What could possibly go wrong? In this fast-paced, laugh-a-minute comedy, the Futrelle sisters of Fayro, Texas—Frankie, Twink and their estranged sister, Honey Raye—are thrown together to pull off a family wedding. But it is not going well. Frankie’s older twin daughter is marrying the son of the queen of what passes for high society in Fayro, and Frankie is desperate to make this antebellum-themed wedding an elegant affair. It soon becomes obvious that Fate has other plans, and the chances for this wedding being a success are fading fast. . . .
GENEVA MUSGRAVE, town florist and wedding coordinator
RAYNERD CHISUM, friend of the Futrelle family and Dairy Dog employee
TINA JO DUBBERLY, Frankie and Dub’s older twin daughter and bride-to-be
GINA JO (GJ)DUBBERLY, Tina Jo’s identical twin sister and maid of honor
HONEY RAY FUTRELLE, oldest Futrelle sister, who thinks she’s still 30-something
FRANKIE FUTRELLE DUBBERLY, youngest Futrelle sister
TWINK FUTRELLE, middle Futrelle sister
NELDA LOU LIGHTFOOT, local psychic
JUSTIN WAVERLY, UPS man, studying to be a preacher
JOHN CURTIS BUNTNER, deputy sheriff and Dub’s best friend
WILEY HICKS, Twink’s longtime boyfriend
PATSY PRICE, mother of the groom and self-proclaimed queen of Fayro society
What to Expect at Parrish Playworks Auditions
• TIME needed: it will take 15-30 minutes to audition, and you will be called as you arrive
• WEAR comfortable clothing, bring your mask and be ready to move around and play with others
• PREPARATION: will be cold readings; actors will be given script excerpts to read
• REHEARSALS will be T-W-Th and Saturdays. Evening rehearsals will run from 6:30—9:30 PM as needed. Saturday rehearsals will be either morning or afternoon, as is convenient for most. NOTE: You will not be called to every rehearsal! Also note that Tech Week leading up to first performance will have more tech and dress rehearsals scheduled!
• LOCATIONS: Performance will be held at various venues (community clubhouses) in our region from Lakewood Ranch to Apollo Beach, to be announced as confirmed
• PERFORMANCE DATES: To be determined!
• QUESTIONS? email director Karen Romant at firstname.lastname@example.org
Flashback photo from the 2018 production of Southern Hospitality, performed at Hidden Acres Barn in Palmetto. Look for some of the same characters to stir things up in Parrish Playworks' new fall comedy, Dearly Beloved.
From left to right, standing are Jay Wright and Barbara Anne Smilko. Seated are Jennifer Butler, Phi